Devin Akin is the founder of Divergent Dynamics, a Wi-Fi Systems Integrator, Value-Added Reseller (VAR), and Training organization. He specializes in innovative performance optimization solutions for a variety of high-density scenarios in several markets.
Devin Akin answers our 7 Questions:
1. What is your full name or the name that most people are fond of calling you?
2. Where are you located?
3. How long have you been in the WLAN Industry?
17 years (started in 1999)
4. What’s your professional involvement in the WLAN industry now?
Architect/Analyst, Consultant, Teacher, Speaker, Technical Writer, Twitterer
5. What is one thing in the industry that is happening now that has you the most excited?
The general base of knowledge has increased significantly over the last few years, so we can now have very technical conversations without losing most of the audience. Additionally, the Wi-Fi community is pulling together tightly to support each other and new entrants into this industry.
6. What’s one project you’ve been involved in that you are proud of – why?
Co-founding the CWNP Program. It has impacted so many lives and remains a foundational pillar of the Wi-Fi industry.
7. What advice would you give to someone just getting started in the industry?
Learn basic routing/switching. Study for CWNA. Join Twitter and follow those who educate others. Attend CWNP & WLPC conferences.