Click name to download slide deck: Wi-Fi / BLE: The convergence of connectivity and indoor location
Session Description: In today’s era of smart devices, wireless has become a basic need and strategic medium for delivering personalized experiences to mobile users. Wi-Fi is currently the predominate technology for mobile connectivity, but Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is quickly growing in popularity as the pre-eminent, “must-have” technology for indoor location based services. When combined together, Wi-Fi and BLE deliver amazing new mobile experiences to users and create a classic example of 1 + 1 = 3.
When you attend this exciting and interactive session, you will:
- Learn how to design, implement, and operate wireless networks that take advantage of both Wi-Fi and BLE
- Get best practices for deploying Wi-Fi and BLE networks
- Understand why BLE technology is becoming an enterprise “must-have”
- Explore examples of real BLE use cases and applications of these for Marketing, IT Tech, and Industry enterprises
- Find out what’s coming next in BLE technologies
Presenter Name: Sudheer Matta
Presenter Bio: Bob is CTO and co-founder of Mist, a pioneer in smart wireless networking for the smart device era.
Bob started his career in wireless at Metricom (Ricochet wireless network) developing and deploying wireless mesh networks across the country to connect the first generation of Internet browsers. Following Metricom, Bob co-founded Airespace, a start-up focused on helping enterprises manage the flood of employees bringing unlicensed Wi-Fi technology into their businesses. Following Cisco’s acquisition of Airespace in 2005, Bob became the VP/CTO of Cisco enterprise mobility and drove mobility strategy and investments in the wireless business (e.g. Navini, Cognio, ThinkSmart, Phunware, Wilocity, Meraki). He also drove industry standards such as Hot Spot 2.0 and market efforts such as Cisco’s Connected Mobile Experience. He holds more than 15 patents.