Question: Does WLPC provide vendor sponsorship opportunities?
Answer: No, but you can be involved (for free)
WLPC is a “vendor-neutral” conference. While there is nothing wrong with conferences with trade-show booths and lots of vendor sponsorships, we decided to go a slightly different direction with #WLPC.
We designed #WLPC to be a gathering of peers, sharing knowledge. A place where WLAN professionals could come together to focus on the technology and talk shop, without a high pressure, “sales” environment.
At WLPC you won’t find any trade show booths, or sales-pitches during our presentations.
You will find a bunch of great people, coming together to build relationships and talk about the technology they love. Of course, great business connections are made – and we imagine some deals are even birthed from what happens at #WLPC. We just want to ensure all that happens organically.
How your company CAN be involved
Every year there are always a handful of companies that include some sort of giveaway for #WLPC and we wanted to let you know that anyone is invited to do this.
It’s always free of charge for you to be included – it’s just another way we like to pour into the WLAN Pros community.
There are 3 ways your company can participate (again, no extra charge from us to be involved – no paid sponsorships – just an easy way for you to be a part).
- Add an item as a free giveaway for the attendee “bag”. This can be as simple as a coupon for your services, or a swag item – that hopefully, the attendees find useful. Stickers are always fun (and easy to ship,etc.) We’ve included everything from actual Wi-Fi gear to hats, t-shirts, etc.
- Provide a “door prize”. Some companies like to give a “high ticket” item but for obvious reasons can’t afford to give one to everyone attending. Throughout the conference, Keith pulls a name at random and gives out a “door prize”. These are always a lot of fun and the attendees are always eager to hopefully win something cool as a little added “bonus” to their time at #WLPC.
- Host an evening session. The evenings of the first two nights of #WLCP provide a great time to host a “vendor session”.
This is a time where you can have a deeper dive into one of your products, host a reception where your staff can be on hand to answer questions or help people get some hands-on experience with your tools, services, etc.
These session spots are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Usually (and recommended) is that you provide drinks or some simple finger foods as a way to incentivize people to stick around for your session.
All food and beverages will be coordinated through the hotel directly – If this is a direction you want to go, we’ll get you in contact with the right people and you’ll pay for any food/beverage directly to the hotel.
Some restrictions/guidelines do apply.
- No vendor booths allowed, even during your evening session.
- We do NOT allow banners, signs, typical “marketing” signage, etc. The spirit of #WLPC is to be peers connecting with peers. This particular conference is NOT the place for marketing in the typical fashion. However, we do understand our attendees are eager to learn more about new gear, equipment, technology, etc. So, if you can keep things “casual”, “informative”, and “sales pitch-free”, we would be happy to have you host an evening session.
- You MUST be an attendee to host an evening session. No flying your sales team in just for an evening. You need to participate to “play”.
All of these options are open to any company attending #WLPC at no additional charge.
We do not charge any additional fees to have you participate in any of the ways mentioned above. Your only costs would be your regular attendance/registration and any of the costs associated with shipping gear, the actual cost of the items you are providing, and any food/beverage costs.
If you are at all interested or want to know more, please complete the form below.